We are accepting applications
To apply to the residency program, please send the following items:
1. CV or Resume: No more than two (2) pages.
2. Description: In two (2) paragraphs or less please describe what you hope to accomplish during the residency and why you believe the residency will be of benefit.
3. Dates: Proposed length and dates of stay, with a list of 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice preferences.
4. Work Samples
a. Visual artists: Ten high resolution digital images in jpeg format, accompanied by a corresponding image list. Image details include last name, title of work, media, dimensions and date.
b. Writers: No more than ten (10) pages of prose (fiction, non-fiction, or creative non-fiction). No more than five (5) poems.
c. Composers/Musicians: Audio sample and a short description of your work.
d. Architects: Digital images of three (3) projects.
e. Improvisational Choreographers: 2 video clips
5. References: Names and contact information of three (3) professionals in your field who are familiar with your work
6. Application Fee: $25 Application fee, payable through PayPal.com (enter phone#2024385710) or by check.
Please send or email applications to:
A.I.R. Studio Paducah
4410 Oglethorpe St. #609, Hyattsville, MD 20781
Rent is $875 per month, or $550 for two weeks, inclusive of utilities. Transportation, materials, food and additional expenses are the responsibility of the artists. Length of stay is negotiable.
Candidates are reviewed and recommended by arts professionals in your discipline. The committee looks for candidates whose work is likely to benefit from having time to focus. There are no educational requirements. Emerging and established artists are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. Expect a response to the application from A.I.R. Studio, Paducah 30 days from posted deadline.
The residency affords the artist time and space for focused, independent work, the development of new ideas and experimentation. Visits to area cultural centers, galleries, and performance venues as well as short trips to regional arts facilities can open up a range of networking possibilities. A.I.R. itself features a storefront gallery/multi-purpose space for exhibitions or presentations during the residency.
Opportunities to muse or collaborate with other artists and galleries in the Paducah community are often available.
Residents are encouraged to have a clear objective for the time of their residency. The duration of residencies is two weeks to three months on average.
Collaborative pairs and couples are welcome to apply.