Applicants are welcome to check with us re: cancellations.
To apply to the residency program, please submit the following items:
1. Cover Letter: (include mailing address and phone #)
Description: In two (2) paragraphs or less please describe what you hope to accomplish during the residency and why you believe the residency will be of benefit.
2. CV or Resume: No more than two (2) pages.
3. Artist’s Statement: No more than one (1) page
4. Dates: Proposed length and dates of stay, with a list of 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice preferences.
5. References: Three (3) within your discipline. Please include title if any, address and phone #.
6. Work Samples:
a. Visual artists: Ten high resolution digital images in jpeg format, accompanied by a corresponding image list. Image details include last name, title of work, media, dimensions and date.
b. Writers: No more than ten (10) pages of prose (fiction, non-fiction, or creative non- fiction). No more than five (5) poems.
c. Composers/Musicians: Audio sample and a short description of your work.
d. Architects: Digital images of three (3) projects.
e. Improvisational Choreographers: 2 video clips
7. Submission Options:
– Regular mail:
A.I.R. Studio Paducah c/o Alonzo Davis
4410 Oglethorpe St. #609
Hyattsville, MD 20781
– Online (click here) – Work samples cannot be uploaded on the online form. Please email your samples directly to: email@example.com.
8. $25 Application Fee Payment Options
– PayPal.com (enter phone #: 2024385710)
– Check – Payable to A.I.R. Studio Paducah & mail to:
xxxxxxxxxxA.I.R. Studio Paducah c/o Alonzo Davis
xxxxxxxxxx4410 Oglethorpe St. #609, Hyattsville, MD 20781
Residency Fee is $1000 per month, or $700 for two weeks, inclusive of utilities. Transportation, materials, food and additional expenses are the responsibility of the artists. Length of stay is negotiable.
Candidates are reviewed and recommended by arts professionals in your discipline. The committee looks for candidates whose work is likely to benefit from having time to focus. There are no educational requirements. Residents are encouraged to have a clear objective for the time of their residency. Emerging and established artists are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older. The duration of residencies is two weeks to three months on average. Expect a response to the application from A.I.R. Studio, Paducah 30 days from posted deadline.
The residency affords the artist time and space for focused, independent work, the development of new ideas and experimentation. Visits to area cultural centers, galleries, and performance venues as well as short trips to regional arts facilities can open up a range of networking possibilities. A.I.R.’s storefront space is available for the display of finished work and/or works in progress.